Measuring Dry Pasta?
January 28, 2018
How many cups in 16oz of dry penne pasta?
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
January 29, 20181 found this helpful
Pasta doubles in size. 16 ounces is 4 cups dry and 8 cups cooked.
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
January 31, 20180 found this helpful
If you are only looking for dry measurements, then it is 4 cups.
If you want cooked measurements, then it is double this which means it is 8 cups.
February 5, 20180 found this helpful
Most sites show penne pasta as medium size but there is also a mini size penne. Instructions are usually given for the medium size.
- Barilla shows this for their blue box.
- Penne - 5 cups - 9-1/2 cups cooked
- Most instructions show this measurement:
- 8 ounces of uncooked small to medium pasta shapes = 4 cups cooked
- Measure penne pasta using measuring cups or a food scale. If you are using measuring cups, a single 2 oz. (57 g) serving is 3/4 cup of dried pasta.
- Two servings = 1 1/2 cups; four servings = 3 cups; six servings = 4 1/2 cups; eight servings = 6 cups.
- Here is a link that might help with all the confusion.
Answer this Question attosa
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 28, 20180 found this helpful
I think 2 cups dry and 4 cups cooked
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.