Measuring Dry Pasta?
Spaghetti and other long pastas can be more difficult to measure than smaller pasta types. This is a page about measuring dry pasta
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
How many cups in 16oz of dry penne pasta?
January 29, 20181 found this helpful
Pasta doubles in size. 16 ounces is 4 cups dry and 8 cups cooked.
January 31, 20180 found this helpful
If you are only looking for dry measurements, then it is 4 cups.
If you want cooked measurements, then it is double this which means it is 8 cups.
February 5, 20180 found this helpful
Most sites show penne pasta as medium size but there is also a mini size penne. Instructions are usually given for the medium size.
- Barilla shows this for their blue box.
- Penne - 5 cups - 9-1/2 cups cooked
- Most instructions show this measurement:
- 8 ounces of uncooked small to medium pasta shapes = 4 cups cooked
- Measure penne pasta using measuring cups or a food scale. If you are using measuring cups, a single 2 oz. (57 g) serving is 3/4 cup of dried pasta.
- Two servings = 1 1/2 cups; four servings = 3 cups; six servings = 4 1/2 cups; eight servings = 6 cups.
- Here is a link that might help with all the confusion.
Read More Answers
January 28, 20180 found this helpful
I think 2 cups dry and 4 cups cooked
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.