Melted Crayon Masterpiece
How to make a painting out of melted Crayola Crayons.
Total Time: 30 min
- Crayola crayons preferably
- masking tape
- embossing heat tool ideal for a small project or hairdryer or heat gun for a larger canvas
- paper towel
- Gather your supplies.
- Get a bowl and place crayons inside. Run hot water in the bowl and let crayons sit a few minutes.
- Most labels will slip right off. Wait a bit longer for others. Place crayons on paper towel to dry. Keep wrappers for another craft if you'd like.
- Align the crayons on top of canvas. Try to have them all about 2 inches over canvas. Use masking tape to hold crayons.
- Lean the canvas forward just enough so crayons don't fall. Begin to melt crayons below the tape.
- After melting a bit you can continue straight forward or wiggle canvas for extra effects. Keep melting until the crayon part below tape is flat.
- After that, remove tape and crayons. Turn upside down. Melt the botton to smooth out. You don't want chunks left or they will fall off.
- Sign your painting and hang. Enjoy your melted Crayon masterpiece!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.