Crafts For KidsCrafts

Melted Perler Beads

We have tons of Perler beads (also called Hama beads). What to do with them all? I saw this idea on a website and my kids absolutely loved it. There's something so fun about watching those tubes become flattened and widened. My kids made a bunch of bracelets and rings. They turned out so colorful and unique.

Total Time: 10 minutes, not including the time to make the jewelry.

Source: Mini Hama Bead Bracelet on cutoutandkeep.net

1. Preheat your oven to 392 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celcius.
  2. Gather your Perler beads. You know the ones....they look like this. You use them to make a pattern and then iron it.
  3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, if you would like. It wasn't in the original instructions, but I wanted to be on the safe side! After my first batch, I removed the foil and there was no problem with my pan.
  4. Place the beads on the pan. Make sure there is some space between each one. Some of our's fused together because they were too close. Don't worry if they are on their sides. They still melt perfectly that way and it's kind of fun to see when they come out!
  5. Place in the oven for 2 minutes.
  6. Ad

7. Take out and let cool.
  8. Since these have bigger holes, it's a bit easier for little ones to thread onto their string. Have fun!

Anonymous

do you put them in the oven or iron them