Crafts Using Perler Beads

Category Miscellaneous
Perler beads are a good choice for many crafts, especially kid crafts. These plastic beads can be heated with a dry iron to create a fused design. The sheets or shapes can then be assembled into other projects, such as the Christmas village included on this page.

We have tons of Perler beads (also called Hama beads). What to do with them all? I saw this idea on a website and my kids absolutely loved it. There's something so fun about watching those tubes become flattened and widened. My kids made a bunch of bracelets and rings. They turned out so colorful and unique.

Total Time: 10 minutes, not including the time to make the jewelry.

Source: Mini Hama Bead Bracelet on cutoutandkeep.net

• Perler or Hama beads
  • baking sheet
  • aluminum foil
  • oven mitts
  • string to make jewelry

1. Preheat your oven to 392 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celcius.
  2. Advertisement

3. Gather your Perler beads. You know the ones....they look like this. You use them to make a pattern and then iron it.
  4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, if you would like. It wasn't in the original instructions, but I wanted to be on the safe side! After my first batch, I removed the foil and there was no problem with my pan.
  5. Place the beads on the pan. Make sure there is some space between each one. Some of our's fused together because they were too close. Don't worry if they are on their sides. They still melt perfectly that way and it's kind of fun to see when they come out!
  6. Advertisement

7. Place in the oven for 2 minutes.
  8. Take out and let cool.
  9. Since these have bigger holes, it's a bit easier for little ones to thread onto their string. Have fun!

This tic-tac-toe game, made completely out of peeler beads, is fun and easy to make and play with. It also makes a great present. It is a great rainy day activity and the best part is that you can be really creative while making it.

I hope that you enjoy making it.

Perler Bead Tic-Tac-Toe

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

The Maltese Cross is the Fire Departments symbol. There was no description or directions on how to make it. So I took a large circle peg board for the Perler beads and started to make one on my own. I made the circle for the middle of the Maltese Cross. Then I made the cross part. Then I made the 3D ax, ladder, fire hydrant. Finally I made the F. D. and the 22 for Fire Department and what number it was.

By Susan from Towanda, PA

Perler Beads Fire Department Symbol

Comment Like this photo? Yes

This is a Christmas village. All the houses and the people, fences and snowman were all made from Perler beads. I had to count the beads and use the peg boards to make them. Then I had to iron all of them so they could stay together. Then I made a platform for the village to sit on. I then hot glued the pieces in place where they are now. This was very time consuming but it is fun to work with the beads.

By Susan from Towanda, PA

Perler Beads Christmas Village

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Crafts MiscellaneousApril 28, 2020
🐛
👒
😷
👔
🌻

Generated 2020-04-29 23:09:33 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️