Mercier Prefinished Hardwood Floor Peeling and Flaking?

Category Floors

My hardwood floor is 8 years old and is flaking and peeling. It started doing this about three years ago, but I thought it must have been my fault, but it keeps getting worst. The Mercier customer service rep said it was from moisture and needed to be re-screened. The moister content is an average 6.3 which I am told is OK and the floor is showing bare wood. What is the best solution, screening, new floor, or refinish?

By Mercier from Boston, MA

Not knowing if this is laminate or 3/4" hardwood flooring, it is hard to say, if it is 3/4" hardwood then you need to sand to bare wood and refinish. I use a clear water based finish because it dries very fast. and I would put at least 4 coats on it. If it is laminate then go over it with steel wool to get the factory finish off then follow the early advice. I am a retired builder and this is what I always do.

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsSeptember 7, 2012
📓
🌻
😷
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mercier-Prefinished-Hardwood-Floor-Peeling-and-Flaking.html

FloorsHome