Merry Children Teacher Appreciation Gift Box
It is almost time to thank your child's teacher for the wonderful job she did. This sweet teacher appreciation gift will tell her just how special she is. Fill the box with candy, and once she has enjoyed the candy, she can use it to store her pens and pencils when the new school year starts. An older child can even make this gift herself to make it even more meaningful.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one gift
- natural wooden square box with slanted sides, 3.4" high
- white acrylic paint
- Micia rubber stamp with children holding hands
- Micia Old Hand black dye ink pad
- Giotto décor textile black pen
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- red felt-tip pen
- quick-drying matt spray varnish
- optional: lollipops
- Paint the outside of the box with an even layer of the white acrylic paint and allow to dry thoroughly. Do not paint the bottom of the box, and also do not paint the inside, but do paint the top edge of the box. Repeat two more times ~ allow each layer to dry thoroughly before continuing.
- Color the top edge of the box with the Giotto pen and allow to dry.
- Cover the rubber stamp with the black ink and transfer it onto the bottom of one side of the box. Carefully lift the stamp and allow to dry. Repeat on the other three sides of box, so that there will be kids holding hands all around the box.
- Use the pencil to draw random hearts on all four sides of the box. Color the hearts with the red felt-tip pen. Then, use the Artline pen to add a border around each heart.
- Add silver squiggles all around the hearts and to the top edge of the box.
- Spray the outside and inside of the box with the varnish and allow to dry thoroughly. Do not spray the bottom of the box.
- Add lollipops to complete the gift.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!