Mexican Rice Recipes
Read More Comments
Looking for a simple, delicious lunch or dinner? Well, here it is! For those of you who like spicy food, your family will love this. Or, if some of you don't, then you can switch out the medium enchilada sauce, for mild.
Total Time: About 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 onion, finely diced.
- 1/2 10 oz. can (5 oz.) medium enchilada sauce.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- First, finely dice half of an onion.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Then add your rice, olive oil, and salt. Stir your rice, then cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When your rice is ready, add your onion, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning.
- When you have thoroughly mixed your rice together, add your cheese and mix it together. When you mix your cheese in instead of sprinkling it on top, it makes the rice taste like cheesy-gooey heaven! Then presto, it's ready to enjoy!
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a combination of Spanish Rice and Stuffed Peppers. My kids ate everything, but my spousal unit was a picky eater. He didn't like bell peppers and the rest of us loved them. He would eat the filling from the stuffed pepper and leave the 'shell'.Read More...
A rice dish that works equally well as a side dish or as the main course.Read More...
A zesty Mexican rice with bacon, tomatoes, bell pepper and onion.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.