Mexican Street Corn Tacos
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 9, 2020
This is a delicious twist on tacos. I used Mexican street corn as my inspiration to fill these tortillas. It's creamy and zesty and really hits the spot when you don't have things like guacamole or sour cream on hand. It pairs very nicely with the meat, cheese, and salsa inside.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 tacos
- 4 corn cob halves, cooked
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chili lime seasoning (or chili powder and fresh lime juice)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 small tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 8 ounces any cooked meat like shredded beef or carnitas
- shredded lettuce, chopped onion, salsa for topping
- Stand the corn cobs up and use a knife to slice off the whole kernels.
- In a bowl, mix together the corn, mayonnaise, Parmesan, chili lime seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Add some oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add a few tortillas at a time. Sprinkle with some cheese and top with meat.
- Fold tortillas over and cook both sides until golden and crispy. This will help keep their taco shell shape. You can also flash-heat them and serve them soft style.
- Add lettuce, salsa, onions, then top with corn mixture.
- Serve immediately.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.