Mineral Spirits For Laminate Floors

I have been regretful of our floor choice from day one of my laminate floor install. We choose them due to high traffic and pool access. I've searched for years for the right solution for the footprints and smudges that show up immediately after cleaning the floor. So, finally here it is!

Cheap and simple odorless mineral spirits (in the paint section of the big box stores next to thinners) and water. I make a 50/50 mixture and use a mopping pad, working backwards in medium sections. After each section, I take an old bath towel (or cheap one) and dry the section just cleaned. Wait until dry to walk on the floor. I've only done this once so far but NO footprints.

Previously, any solution: Swifter, Bona, Vinegar, etc., would show footprints immediately. Fingers crossed and I am calm after cleaning!

Maybe I am wrong, but I think using mineral spirits would be very hard on laminate floors even though it is diluted. I would check with your manufacturer before doing it too many times.

Do be careful. Mineral spirits is also known as paint remover. It may be doing bad things to the finish on your floor, especially over time.

It is also the reason house painters have long term neurological problems. I would look into this carefully before I did it twice.

This is a joke, right? Do not use Mineral Spirits on your laminate or any other floor!

Oh my God i got same problem! I hope it works for me fingers crossed!

Anonymous

Yes this works!
Thanks Ive tried a lot of products, vinegar, Murphy s oil
And was surprised
Now I wait to see how long before it builds back up

Floors are shiny now..miracle GooGone Grout & Tile Cleaner. This stuff is fantastic on floors.