Mini Blinds For Plant Labels

I have already submitted a couple of ideas for plant labels. This is my absolute favorite. Cut old, one inch mini blinds into five inch strips. Taper one end. Just write the plant name and plant date on them with a pencil or marker.

If you want protection from the elements for a while, you can do as I've done here. Place a strip of opaque cello tape at the top of the marker. Write on that. Then cover that with a strip of clear tape.

The tape (and writing) can be removed and the label can be reused for several years.

I always seemed to be buying plant labels, but now I save plastic cartons (from spreads and such), cut them into strips, make a point one end and hey presto, more labels!