Mini Taco Frittatas
Vote for this contest contender!
I came up with these frittatas because I love egg breakfasts and adore tacos, but don't have much time to hang around to make both. These are so delicious, guilt-free, and gluten-free. I love to make a batch and keep them in the fridge. They're perfect for days you are on the run.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 mini frittatas
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 corn tortilla (gluten-free)
- 1/2 a medium avocado, small chopped
- 1/2 a medium tomato, small chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, milk, ground cumin, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, and salsa.
- Stir in half the grated cheese. Reserve the other half for later.
- Slice the corn tortilla into several tiny little strips.
- Line a mini cupcake tin with mini cupcake liners (or grease it). Take half the tortilla strips and sprinkle into the bottom of the cups. Reserve the other half for later.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cups about 2/3's of the way up.
- Sprinkle avocado and tomato into each cup. This ensures even ingredient distribution for all frittatas.
- Top with cilantro, then add the remaining tortilla strips and cheese.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fork check them to make sure they fully cooked. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!