Miso Soup Recipes

Category Japanese
Make this delicious Japanese soup right at home. This page contains recipes for miso soup.

Because of the medications I have to take, my vitamin B12 becomes greatly depleted and the supplements give me acid reflux. So I needed to search for vitamin B12 rich foods that I like to eat to help compensate. When I found miso soup on the list, I immediately searched the web for recipes because I love Japanese dishes and that soup is one of my favorites!

Here is what I came up with by experimenting with the assorted recipes found. You can make your own dashi stock with dashi stock powder found in the Asian aisle of your market or at health food stores. There are three types of miso paste; black, red, or white. I personally have always preferred the flavor of white so that's what I used. Oh, and this soup tastes great reheated the next day too ;-)

• 3 cups dashi soup stock
  • 1 oz tofu, cut into small cubes, or more to taste
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. miso paste, or more to taste
  • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1/2 large green onion, white and green parts, finely sliced

Directions:

Mix miso and soy sauce in a small bowl. Bring dashi soup stock to a gentle boil in a small sauce pan. Add tofu and turn down to simmer.

Add miso mixture and heat until not quite boiling, stirring slowly. Remove from heat. Add green onion, stir and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Top Comment

Thanks for sharing. Miso soup is always my favorite part of a Japanese meal. This recipe would also make an excellent stock for Ramen noodles instead of those little foil packets that come with it. Try throwing in some sauteed mushrooms, bok choi, shrimp, leftover chicken, etc., to turn it into a wonderfully filling and healthy meal. My family won't eat Ramen any other way!

Need a quick and easy appetizer? With just three simple ingredients, you can have yourself instant miso wonton soup with enough for 6 people.

What's great about this soup base is that it is very buildable. If you don't want to use this as an appetizer, you can make this as a meal for 2 by adding egg noodles, bok choy, tofu, etc. as an entree instead.

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 6 people

• 12 oz Chicken Cilantro Mini Wontons ($2.99)
  • 32 fl oz Miso Ginger Broth ($1.99)
  • 20 oz spinach

1. Over medium high, heat miso ginger broth.
  2. Add wontons and cook for 2-3 minutes, until ready.
  3. Submerge spinach and let cook for a minute and turn off heat. Top off with dash of black pepper and ready to serve.

A very delicious soup you can enjoy any time!

A bowl of homemade miso soup.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes International JapaneseJune 1, 2018
🎃
🎂
🌻