DecorationsHome Decor

Monogram Initial Sign

Vote for this contest contender!

I made this monogram initial sign for my office space. I recycled a pizza cardboard circle as the base and a wine paper bag from the market to make the flower and leaf detailing. The rest of the items needed for this project are items you probably already have (or can purchase at an inexpensive price).

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. I am recycling a cardboard circle from a local pizza shop. I glued down a paper doily to the cardboard circle. (I bought the paper doily at my Dollar Tree in an assorted pack of 32).
  2. Using craft sticks, glue to form your initial. Optional: You can paint with your choice of color or leave as is. If paint, allow your initial to dry. Then glue in place on the doily covered cardboard circle. (Photo shows placement prior to painting the M pink.)
  3. Cut the edges of the wine brown bag to make it lay flat. Trace circular objects and cut out. Cut out assorted sizes to determine what flower size will work best for your piece.
  4. Using scissors, cut out swirl/spiral shape (like below) to prep the rolling part of the flower.
  5. Using a pen/pencil, start rolling the flower as a guide, then continue to roll until you reach the end of the flower and dab hot glue to secure the flower.
  6. Freehand and cut leaves.
  7. Position flowers and leaves to your liking and secure down with hot glue (for flowers) and glue stick (for leaves). Once completed, you can display your monogram sign on an easel, hang on the wall, or add ribbon on the back to hang.

Looks lovely! I bet you're the crafty one in the office! :)