Mopping Hardwood Floors

I clean my poly-coated wood floors with hot water and vinegar and it works very well. The only problem I am having is it does not remove footprints from the dog or people. I am sure this is from the natural oils on the foot. I can get them off if I clean them on my hands and knees, but due to health problems this becomes very painful. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them.

By paula

I clean mine with my swiffer wet jet.

Anonymous

Is that okay to use on polyurethaned floors?

Hot water is not always good, warm is. Get a car buffer. Many different kinds and extended handles. Like the old shoe polishers of yesteryear. Buff the floor. I take a couple of wash clothes, you can take old towels and make stitch them in a fold to fit your shoes, just skate the floor clean. Many other ways, like tell the kids to scoot on their butts works too.

My mom use to make us slide on her wood floors with old cotton socks and afterwards the floors looked great and we had fun.