Mother's Day Table Decoration
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
If you are planning a surprise dinner for mom on Mother's Day, here is a way to make table decorations that will look stunning without breaking the bank in the process. These decorations can also be used for party décor, or for a golden wedding anniversary.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one decoration
- piece of old X-ray film sized 12" x 4"
- old plastic tray that was part of a pot planter
- battery operated string of pure white LED fairy lights
- Meyco stencil of roses
- quick-drying green gold spray paint
- embroidery scissors
- utility knife
- stapler and staples
- old newspaper to protect the working area
- Place the stencil on the piece of X-ray film and use the pencil to trace the rose on to the piece of film.
- Use the utility knife to cut away the traced parts of the rose. The scissors might come in handy to cut curves.
- Spray the top of the piece of X-ray film with the green gold spray paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Spray the plastic tray with the green gold spray paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Form a tube with the X-ray film and staple it together at the back.
- Put the X-ray tube on the tray, add the lights to the centre of the tube and voila!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.