Mozambique Peri Peri Chicken

This spicy citrus-toned chicken is a favourite in South African regions, but derived from the Portuguese. I had some at a Mozambique restaurant many moons ago and missed it so much, I had to learn how to make it. Any kind of side dish goes well with this: rice, potatoes, bread, you name it.

Prep Time: 5 minutes, not including marinating time

Cook Time: 1 hour

1. Place everything, except chicken and salt, into a blender and puree until smooth.
  2. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
  3. Remove chicken from fridge. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, pausing once to baste chicken with pan juices.

I sent this recipe to my daughter in Ft. Lauderdale and she (and guests) have just been raving about how good it was!
She said it was so easy to make and did not take up all of her time so she baked a cake to fill in the time.. Not sure about that but it does look easy and time saving for other things.
I will have to try it one day.
Toosa, thanks for wonderful recipes all year long.
Hope you and your parents had a wonderful Thanksgiving.