Mozzarella Ham Swirl Bread
Great way to use your leftover ham from Easter! This yummy combo reminds me of stromboli. I guess you could dip it in sauce if desired, but it's not necessary. It's moist and delicious to simply slice and eat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 loaf defrosted bread dough
- 1/2 cup shredded ham
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olives
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp red pepper (optional)
- Defrost you bread loaf. Let rise until it doubles in size.
- Combine the ham, cheese, olives and pepper and set aside.
- Punch down dough and let rest 5 minutes. Roll into a 12 X 8 inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Brush mustard over dough leaving a 1/2" margin around edges.
- Spread ham mixture over dough.
- Beginning on short side, roll up dough jelly roll fashion. You don't need to seal the ends.
- Place seam side down and let rise 30 minutes covered (I just used a bowl). Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Uncover dough. Combine egg white with 1 Tbsp. water. Brush top of loaf.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake 375 F for 30 minutes.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until loaf sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove loaf and cool on wire rack a bit. Serve!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!