Mozzarella Ham Swirl Bread
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
April 23, 2019
Great way to use your leftover ham from Easter! This yummy combo reminds me of stromboli. I guess you could dip it in sauce if desired, but it's not necessary. It's moist and delicious to simply slice and eat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 loaf defrosted bread dough
- 1/2 cup shredded ham
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olives
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp red pepper (optional)
- Defrost you bread loaf. Let rise until it doubles in size.
- Combine the ham, cheese, olives and pepper and set aside.
- Punch down dough and let rest 5 minutes. Roll into a 12 X 8 inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Brush mustard over dough leaving a 1/2" margin around edges.
- Spread ham mixture over dough.
- Beginning on short side, roll up dough jelly roll fashion. You don't need to seal the ends.
- Place seam side down and let rise 30 minutes covered (I just used a bowl). Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Uncover dough. Combine egg white with 1 Tbsp. water. Brush top of loaf.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake 375 F for 30 minutes.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until loaf sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove loaf and cool on wire rack a bit. Serve!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.