Skillet Bread Recipes
This page contains skillet bread recipes
. Enjoy fresh pan bread baked in the oven or cooked on the stovetop.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Found this recipe and it reminded me of the bread that we used to have at Macaroni Grill. I haven't been there in 10 years, but still think about their bread. This version tastes pretty similar. It's a very simple bread but with the rosemary on top, it's something special!
Total Time: About 2 hours.
Yield: 1 loaf
Source: Baker Bettie, "Easy No-Knead Skillet Bread"
- 1 package active dry yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp. of yeast)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Combine yeast and warm water in a large bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, add in 1 cup of flour and the salt. Mix until combined. Stir in the rest of the flour, 1 cup at a time, until incorporated. I couldn't get any more than 3 1/2 cups mixed in. The dough was fighting back. But, even with 1/2 a cup less, the bread was wonderful!
- Cover with plastic wrap. Rise for 1 hour.
- Do not punch down the dough. Lightly oil the bottom of a 10 or 12 inch iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with a good amount of flour. Cover hands with some flour. Take the dough and shape it into a disk. The dough will be sticky.
- Place in the skillet, cover loosely with a towel. Let rise another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on top of the bread. Slash the dough with a knife, creating an "X". Sprinkle with additional salt and rosemary.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until the top if a deep brown color.
- Eat bread as it is, or put a little butter inside. Yum!
August 27, 20151 found this helpful
This is a simple and delicious bread that you bake in a skillet. The rosemary on top makes this skillet bread fragrant and extra tasty.
In This Guide