CrochetCrafts

Multi-linguistic Yarn Tub

I got this tub in a free box at a yard sale. With some research online, I was able to write the word "yarn" in other languages. It was very interesting. You could do the same with coffee, tea, or any other thing you hold dear.

Total Time: 2 hours or less

Yield: 1

1. I looked up all the countries of the world. Then I put in the search field "French for yarn". I kept going from there.
  2. I wanted "yarn" to be the biggest word. Then I just copied the words on one side of the tub.
  3. Choosing lavender yarn for an olive green tub was to make it work in my lavender and green living room. I wrapped it around each handle, gluing it as I started it, in the middle, and at the end.
  4. Then I got the crochet hook out and casting on, chain 3. Then make a double crochet in the first chain, and repeat. Doing a scallop stitch like this is advised. You work as you go and you never have to add or take away any chain length that is too short or too long.
  5. Ad

6. With your hot glue, begin gluing it just enough for the scallop base to stay behind the rim ridge. Do this around and either keep crocheting or unravel what you need to. For this one, I made 32 around and glued it to meet itself.
  7. Then I just filled with yarn balls and it's done! N-JOY!!
  8. Ad

Very interesting "yarn".
Betty