DucksPets

Muscovy Duck Laying Eggs Around Yard

My muscovy ducks started dropping eggs in random places in my yard. I am new to this process and was wondering if this is normal? They are unprotected so I don't know what to do. I thought they were supposed to nest. Please help. All information on this process will greatly be appreciated.

Best Answer

Do you have both male and female ducks? If not you can gather up the eggs and use them for cooking. They make great eggs to eat. If you have both male and female they will normally lay eggs in a nest area and hatch them. As long as the dog is just dropping them around the yard, they won't hatch and just rot and start to stink. You are better off picking them up and using them than leaving them lay around.

They are abandoned for some reason. They are not going to hatch.