My Dog Died Suddenly

My 5 year old wolf Shepherd mix died tonight. She was fine when I went to work at 1 yesterday. When I got home 10 hours later she was bleeding from the mouth. She died before I could get her in the car. She was healthy and had no health issues. The vet says he has no idea what caused it without an autopsy, which is expensive. She was an outside dog who was in a confined yard. Can you give me an idea of what caused it as I have other dogs I need to protect.

Your vet is correct. Without an autopsy, it is just a guess.

Prayers and condolences on your loss. So sad to hear. Without the autopsy no lay person could tell you, which is sad and frustrating.

I have a few suggestions but they may not be possible to protect your other pups.

Since the pup was outdoors it could have been he ate something someone tossed in the yard or caught and ate and animal that made him sick OR an animal could have bit him or fought with him and mortally injured him or he could have been stung by a bee or other insect and had an anaphylactic reaction which lead to his passing.

Could you make arrangements to keep the pups indoors at all times unless you or another family member or friend are supervising?

This is what we do and still my one fur baby ate a bee before I could get to her. Thank G-d she did not pass (but she was pretty miserable for a few days).

I guess I see my dogs as kids and keep them close to me all the time to protect them. I know that is not always possible for everyone and I understand that, so it is just a suggestion to be considered.

May your pup's memory always be a blessing.

Firstly - I'm so sorry. The loss of a pet that you love is devastating. I wonder if you had any slug/snail or mouse baits in your garden.

Could anyone have bought harm to the dog? I know that you will be beating yourself up but please don't. Just remember the love you gave each other. best wishes.