My Neighbors Are Placing Dog Poop in My Yard

If you are faced with this difficult situation, here is some advice. This is a page about my neighbors are placing dog poop in my yard.

I am experiencing the same problems as most of you have discussed regarding dog mess in my yard. The neighbors have no respect for other peoples property and every time we do improvements to our yard or home some type of vandalism occurs. Whether it is smearing dog poop on the patio, deck , tie walls, benches, in the flower beds and on top of one particular plant.

It is quite obvious that it is a human placing the nasty stuff throughout our yard, but it is a matter of catching them red-handed. I have a dog of my own who I clean up after each time it goes. We used to think that there was a really talented dog in the neighborhood to be able to squat and go on top of the tie walls that is 2 1/2 to 3 ft. off the ground (on level ground that is) and to pick the same plant to go on each time.

I can tell it is the neighbors dog mess, it is quite evident because of the size and dog fibers (color of the dogs hair) in the stool. Now they are spreading some type of lure that puts off a scent of dog feces followed by the smell of something dead or decayed. I suppose this is to lure in other strays and other types of wildlife.

I have had it. I know that video is not permissible in court and to take a picture would be impossible. They have a 5 ft fence along the property line between our property leaving a 2 ft. opening to sneak through on one side and then another where high shrubs are. They have made themselves a barrier that protects them from being caught. By the time the neighbors dog sees them and begins to bark giving warning they are already nearing the finish line and on their own property hiding behind several other barriers they have created for themselves to hide around or in.

These are very dirty and ignorant people to say the least. It is the teenage children and their friends, could be the parents too, after all where did the kids learn how to become so stealthy? I tried the suggestions listed here, jars filled with water placed throughout the yard, black pepper mixed with cayenne all around the perimeter, drops of terrible smelling perfumes, chili powder and so on.

This is how I know that it isn't the animal itself entering my yard, but the other heathens bringing it and strategically placing it. Mostly in the same places each time. That is what makes it so obvious, that it is people and not the actual animal leaving the crap behind.

We used to keep our outdoor lights on low and other lights dimmed outside. We recently quit lighting their way thinking they wouldn't be as bold, guess not! I don't think I should have to spend a fortune with motion lights, night vision cameras and other types of deterrents because by the time the lights would come on and we would get out there they would be gone.

We live in a rural neighborhood with not many surrounding houses making their getaway much easier.

Any suggestions?
angel2b

Answers

By Dr Marcus (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You do realize you can take photographic evidence, or a video, print them up or burn the video on a dvd, and email the evidence to the dog owner's landlord. Most Landlords will not tolerate such behavior and typically wants to remain on the good side of neighbors and home owner associations.

The Landlord's address is usually easily found via your local property appraiser/tax collector website.

Me and my family moved into what we assumed was a descent neighborhood almost 2-3 years ago now and made quick friends with our surrounding neighbors. Everything seemed like it was going good until one of our neighbors tipped us off that our next door neighbors were trying to cause trouble for us and that they did it to them when they used to lived next door to them too.

We've caught the neighbors, who like to cause problems, taking pictures of our yard and other neighbors have seen them throwing their beer cans and dog poop in our yard too. They've tried calling code enforcement on us so many times just for nothing to be found wrong in or with our home. We want to catch them in the act so we can get something done about it so all this nonsense can stop, but don't know how or what steps to take to do it. Any advice would be great honestly. Thanks.

Answers

I would go to a lawyer and send them a letter saying that if they continue to harass you that you will press charges. That will stop them

Install security cameras.

I agree...sometimes ya have to fight fire with fire.

Or at the very least, purchase some of those cheap "dummy" cameras and make sure they are visible for them to see. Maybe, this will scare them away.

The best solution would be security cameras but if you have to install several this could get expensive.

The next best may be to install security lights and place them in several places so any motion will trip them. This may be enough to stop them from messing around your area.
Be sure to put out the word that cameras are in the security lights as many times 'rumors' can stop as much as the real thing.

The court's do not always look favorably on " neighbor disputes" where no damage has been done. Also, you will have to pay court costs and this can get expensive.

Perhaps you can talk with someone from your local church who would intercede and have a discussion with both families.

Have you filed a complaint with the police department?
That would be a start - even if it is minor - they will send someone out to talk to them.

I may be different, but can you try "killing them with kindness"? Make a batch of cookies and take them over and say something like maybe we got off to a bad start. Can we start over?

We had this same situation in a two up/one over town house we rented many years ago. It worked for about a year and then they went crazy again.

Lucky for us, it was when our lease was up and we were able to find another place...but for a while we had peace. We can't fix crazy, but we can fix how we react to it.

Prayers that it gets better!!!

This is a line of 11 bags of neighbors dog feces beginning 2/28 to date 3/10/19. She is apparently performing this gross act in retaliation because I insisted she put her dog on leash, keep off our lawn and clean up the 8 large piles he left beside our home. No city agency will hold her responsible for her actions and take action to stop it. Can anyone help us?

Answers

I would look at the answers listed here and see if any of them are helpful. Unfortunately, it sounds like this sort of thing happens to lots of people. :(

www.thriftyfun.com/My-Neighbors-Are-Placing-Dog-Poop...

Personally, I would call the police and ask for advice. Perhaps if you got a recording of the littering, they could be ticketed at least. Maybe more since this is becoming harassment now.

Anonymous

Thank you. I hope someone, being city councilman answering me at 10:30pm, will stop this woman. So far as photos and videos, I've had that but no one wanted to see them. Perhaps now they can be useful proof.
You mentioned the police. They came and said they couldn't help. However; one did kick bags 1-6 near her trash can. Too funny how no one wanted to do more.
Again, thank you.

Home and Garden Pest Control AdviceMarch 9, 2018
🌻
📓
🎂