HealthDogs

My Sick Dog

Category Health

My dog is vomiting and not eating, but he is drinking. I don't have the money for the vet right now. What do I do?

By Vivian H.

It could be your dog ate something that upset their stomach. Did you try feeding soda crackers with some Pepto Bismo? Treat it like an adult with an upset stomach but do watch how much Pepto you give, based on the size of your dog.

You can always call your vet to see what they recommend to do, and maybe they will work with you financially. Many vets are in it for the love of the animal so most will work with you. A lot of vets take Care Credit (also can be used at Dentists, etc) so if that's an option for you.

Please take your dog to a vet even if you have to make payments or put it on a credit card. Your dog is depending on you to care for him/her and it is your responsibility to do it. It could be something serious and you won't know until you see a vet. Just call and explain the situation. I'm sure you will find some vet who is willing to work with you. You owe this to your dog. I was in a similar situation years ago and they helped me apply for a care credit card and that's how I paid for it - a little each month.

Try giving your dog rice (cooked) with bullion, chicken or beef flavored. Do take the dog to a vet if this condition persists, there are some inexpensive vets around, check it out. If the dog is drinking give him/her bullion, it has salt which will keep the dog from dehydrating.

Sounds like your dog may have eaten some poison...vet!

Just checking back to see if you took your dog to a vet. I am very concerned about him. Please post and let us know how things are going. There are also dog rescue groups that might help you pay the vet. I rescued a pit bull once and she needed to be spayed. A pit bull rescue group paid for the surgery. Google it.