Name for Birthdays When Your Age Equals Birth Year

Category Birthday
As long as you are under 100, at some point your age will match the year you were born. This guide contains information about the name for birthdays when your age equals birth year.

I know Golden Birthdays are when the date you were born equals your age, but how about when your age equals the year you were born what is that called?

By Wilson

Answers

Best Answer

A Beddian Birthday occurs when the age a person is turning, is the same number as the last two digits of their birth year. The Beddian birthday is named for NYC firefighter Bobby Beddia who noted this coincidence. Someone born in 2015, will experience their Beddian Birthday when they are 15!

Best Answer

I found a site that calls it a Beddian birthday, after a NY firefighter. I suppose many people born in the later part of the century never make it to this birthday. I'll have to make it to 70 which is possible but my son was born in 2000 so he will have be 100!

I was born in 1959. I'm going to be 59 on the 18th of 2018, what would this be called?

Answers

Best Answer

Happy Birthday! Typically your golden birthday is when you have your birthday correlating with the day of the month. For example: say your birthday is on the 18th. The year you turned 18 was your golden birthday. I don't know of any other special names in connection with birthdays. Someone else may, But I want to wish you a special and very happy birthday! You are the same age as my mom as she was also born in 59! I think everyone needs to have special recognition on their birthday regardless of their age! :)

Best Answer

I think you are referring to the Chinese numbers on this one. The good luck numbers and their meaning if I am not mistaken. I tried to look up 18 and 2018 to find out if they have any special meaning and I can't find it.

I really think you are thinking of when it was like 11/11/2011. This was some sort of Chinese lucky number and many people wanted to get married on these types of dates. I don't know anything at all for the number 18 because there isn't 18 monthis in a year.