Natural Remedies Using Dandelion
This common weed has many medicinal properties that you may benefit from. This is a page about natural remedies using dandelion
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
Did you know that dandelions are one of the most useful plants to reduce joint pain and aching muscles? Dandelions have anti-inflammatory properties that have been proven to relieve pain associated with arthritis, gout, sore muscles, and joint pain.
This dandelion infused oil can effectively relieve discomfort when massaged into skin. This is easy to make and half the ingredients are free!:)
Total Time: 45 minutes to an hour
Yield: 1 jar
Source: Pinterest inspired
- clean glass jar
- dandelion blossoms to fill your jar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Go out into your yard and pick enough dandelions to fill your chosen jar.
- To prepare them, blow on them and agitate the flower with your finger to remove any debris. If you try to rinse them in water, they close up, sealing any dirt or bugs inside. You will want to snip them with scissors just below the petals. A bit of the green part is completely fine, every part of this amazing plant is edible.
- Fill your chosen jar with cleaned blossoms.
- Pour in extra virgin olive oil just shy of the top.
- Cut a small piece of fabric and secure this with a rubber band to the top.
- Set in a sunny windowsill for 2 weeks to infuse thoroughly.
- Now you will want to strain your flowers out of your oil. Please don't throw them away, they are still very nutritious! I will be putting mine in pasta, with fish, and even scrambled eggs.
- As for your oil, pour it back into your jar and use a lid this time.:) Store in a cool, dry place. Or, you may store it in the fridge indefinitely.
Dandelions are chock full of calcium, potassium, magnesium and iron; and vinegar is one of the best ways to extract these. Instead of mowing them down, pick some of these gorgeous blooms and make something tasty and useful.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.