Need Help Identifying Small Bug (Roach?)

Help! As I was leaving my house this afternoon, a small black and reddish bug I hadn't seen before was crawling quickly along the edge of my porch. I attempted to catch it to see what it was and squished it instead.

Based on the way the legs are folded/facing, I think the reddish part that looks like it could be a head is in fact the butt (head was nowhere to be seen when I lifted my finger from trying to stop it). I'm VERY concerned it could be an early German cockroach nymph and would greatly appreciate help in IDing this!

How big is it? looks more like a tick than a roach

This is a Tick, there are several in it's family- here is some info on this insect- en.wikipedia.org/.../tick

This is a tick and this time of the year they are present in a lot of yards. They do crawl fast and this one is a bit larger than the small baby ones that you can find crawling around your yard, up walls, or on the sides of your home.

I would suggest that you spray the yard for ticks if you have any animals at all. It is a good idea to check all of your animals and see if any have gotten on them.

We are seeing a picture of a 'squished' bug - right?

I believe this may be a tick because of the 'snout' and also, most roaches have hairy/fuzzy' legs.

The following images are not pleasant but just a quick glance will show you the difference in a tick and a roach.

www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=image...

If you determine this could be a tick you will need to check your body and clothing when you have been in your yard and be sure to check pets very carefully as these can be very bad if not removed quickly.

Also, there is a lot of information online about how to deal with ticks in your yard and also how to safely remove a tick from your body or from a pet.

Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJuly 6, 2020
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Need-Help-Identifying-Small-Bug-Roach.html

InsectsPest Control