No-Sew Dog Throw for Furniture

Our Chihuahua likes to sleep on the furniture, so I wanted to protect it from hair and odors. I made her this little throw to sleep on and she loves it!

1. Cut both pieces of fleece in half along the fold, so that you have two pieces of each (36" x 30"). Trim off the selvage edges.
  2. Pin one piece of patterned fleece to one piece of the solid fleece.
  3. Measure out 3" squares in the corners and cut out. You can create a template out of cardboard if necessary. NOTE: I did 2.5" but I highly recommend using 3" to make it easier to tie.
  4. Lay a ruler out 3" from the blanket edge and cut fringe that is 1" wide and 3" long. Repeat this on all 4 sides.
  5. Now tie the fringe of each side together. Take the fringe of the top layer and bring it around and behind the lower fringe.
  6. Bring it over itself and down through the loop you have create. Pull it tightly to secure it. Repeat all the way around the blanket.
  7. Use scissors to even out the length of the fringe.

What a great, clever idea! I'm going to do that with leftover fabric pieces I have. I currently use towels, but this is so much cuter, and the dogs will identify them as their own.

Crafts Sewing BlanketsNovember 20, 2013
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/No-Sew-Dog-Throw-for-Furniture.html