When we use our fireplace (vent-free and propane) we get a very bad odor\smell that fills the living room after about 30 minutes. The bottom side of the fireplace mantle gets very hot. The mantel is made from wood and was stained and varnished by the builder. Is it possible the varnish is giving off the odor? The smell gives everyone a headache after about 45 minutes. We no longer use the fireplace because of the odor, but would like to use it if we can stop the odor.
By Tony M.
Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!