Onion Smoothie Cold Remedy

I find this helpful when I have respiratory issues or colds or flus. It helps one heal from bronchitis, it is expectorant. It helps to open up the alveoli, and it provides nutrients. As well it helps to know this in the age of Coronavirus.

The warning is it is very strong! Raw onions is something a person must build a tolerance for, and some never manage it. Many people would rather be sick than drink this, but I will post it anyway. Also it does not keep very well, so it should probably all be consumed in one day.

1. Cut up all vegetables.
  2. Juice lemons separately in a citrus juicer to avoid the seeds and making a mess.
  3. Add water and stick in blender.
  4. All items you can do as much or as little as you want. I add 2 onions sometimes. Some people can barely handle 1/2 an onion. If you're starting out, you can do as little as 1/4 raw onion and 1 clove garlic and it will still have an effect.
  5. Advertisement

I'm sure you're right. I think quite a few folk would have trouble gettin' this concoction passed their swallow pipe. And if they did, I don't know how long it would stay put. If they can't keep it down, they could always grease their jowls with it and if they was really bad off, they could use it to make a poultice for their chest. Them poultices'll cure about anything. Right, Betty?.

When you're ailing, sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and make do. I think with a few adjustments, I could turn this remedy into a potion fit to be kept on hand as a standby for several miseries. Well, maybe not the grip and side pleurisy and chilblains. Best leave them to a doctor.

Now for the 3 garlic cloves. Get yourself a stout piece of cord, thread it through the 3 cloves and wear 'em around your neck just like you would asafoetida. Your great granpaw would be right proud of you. And this'll work great for social distancing, too.

The apple cider vinegar. Well, somebody ate the last of the pickles your maw put up last summer. They had the nerve (or laziness) to put the jar back in the ice box with nothin' in it but some pickle juice and a few cucumber seed settled in the bottom. There's your apple cider vinegar all flavored with dill weed and fennel. You can't beat that with a stick.

The cayenne pepper. I eat cayenne pepper once a year. I use it to perk up cabbage fried in fat back. I'll get us a head of Wakefield on my way home from work.

Let's see, now. The horseradish. The only way I can handle that stuff in on the other end of a 10 foot pole. I would throw it out to the hogs but I got my doubts about then eatin' it either. It wont hurt none to leave out that one thing. Leave it out in the garden!

Lemon juice, water, honey. This one's easy. Just dump it all into a quart mason jar, screw on the lid, shake vigorously (that means real good) and put the jar in a paper poke.

I knowed you was gonna ask so I'll go ahead and tell you. You'll need that jar in that poke cause you're gonna tote that honey flavored lemonade with you when you traipse down to Sheets and order yourself 2 foot long hot dogs all the way with extra onions.

Am I smart or what? They ain't no need of a cure being worse that the illness. Enjoy your misery. And bring me back a couple of them foot longs, please.

Purdy please

Purdy please with sugar on it.

I'll dance at your wedding.

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages SmoothieMarch 26, 2020
🐰
😷
🌻
🐛
👒

SmoothieBeverages