Onion Smoothie Cold Remedy
Gold Answer Medal for All Time! 617 Answers
March 26, 2020
I find this helpful when I have respiratory issues or colds or flus. It helps one heal from bronchitis, it is expectorant. It helps to open up the alveoli, and it provides nutrients. As well it helps to know this in the age of Coronavirus.
The warning is it is very strong! Raw onions is something a person must build a tolerance for, and some never manage it. Many people would rather be sick than drink this, but I will post it anyway. Also it does not keep very well, so it should probably all be consumed in one day.
- 1 onion
- 4 lemons or juice from lemons
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 horseradish
- Cut up all vegetables.
- Juice lemons separately in a citrus juicer to avoid the seeds and making a mess.
- Add water and stick in blender.
- All items you can do as much or as little as you want. I add 2 onions sometimes. Some people can barely handle 1/2 an onion. If you're starting out, you can do as little as 1/4 raw onion and 1 clove garlic and it will still have an effect.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.