The combination of orange and corn is wonderful. The house smells so good when you make these! You can vary these by using lemon peel instead.
Total Time: 20 minutes prep, 15 minutes baking time
Yield: 12 regular sized muffins
Source: Taste of Home website
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp orange peel
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, milk, oil, and orange peel.
- Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. They are done when lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!