Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
The combination of orange and corn is wonderful. The house smells so good when you make these! You can vary these by using lemon peel instead.
Total Time: 20 minutes prep, 15 minutes baking time
Yield: 12 regular sized muffins
Source: Taste of Home website
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp orange peel
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, milk, oil, and orange peel.
- Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. They are done when lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!