Organising a Chest Freezer?

I am hoping for a bright idea! My chest freezer is quite large, and has 3 baskets on top. I know I'm disorganised, but I can never find what I want without loads of trouble! I do realise it's my own fault for just hurling things in after a shop! I once put cardboard boxes in the bottom to try and help. It did a bit, but not enough. So I decided I'd ask you clever lot fo any ideas!

Any thoughts gratefully recieved!
Thanks, pam.x

Best Answer

I had a deep chest freezer one time and I know what you are talking about. The bottom of the freezer always seems so hard to organize and keep it organized. I ended up adding some plastic dividers in mine and raising up the bottom just a bit to make it easier to get to it. I use some old plastic containers to build a raised shelf in mine. Now I added some dividers in there with some plastic sheets. In there I was able to add all veggies in one section, meats in another, and fish in another. It made it so much easier to find in the end. Each time I shopped I would move the older food to the baskets on top so it would be used first and the newer food I would put in the sections on the bottom.

thankyou,poehere.that is definately my problem-keeping it organised!.I recently sorted it out-it was nearly full,was great-for a few days-then 2 weeks later you couldnt see itd been done-talk about the black hole! I particularly like the idea of raising the base up slightly-thanks for the tip! pam x

Best Answer

I've never owned a chest type freezer and your question is the reason as I felt sure it would be a problem for me. Upright freezer work great for me but it can still get cluttered.

I think the biggest problem would be finding containers that have handles so you can maybe lift it out to get to the second layer.

No two families will be storing the same types of food so maybe look at several YouTube videos and maybe take a section from each one.

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=how...

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=What...

oh thankyou!im going to have a look at those links now-yes,i ll have to keep my eyes open in the shops-when im allowed back in!-i do have two containers with handles already in my freezer,a few more like that might be good to stack!,pam x

Here is a GREAT how to ORGANIZE with pictures - www.wikihow.com/organize-a-chest-freezer

thanks Ana!it certainly looks like the answer.i do appreciate your help.,pam x

Organizing Freezer and FridgeJune 3, 2020
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organising-a-Chest-Freezer.html