CharityBetter Living

Organization that Helps Vets With Home Repairs

My mom is taking care of my dad at home, he is a vet of about 20 yrs in the Air force. Recently, about 6 years ago, we found out that my dad has Alzheimer's. So my mom is being a trooper with how she's been handling things. She has her moments, knowing her husband of almost 50 years is slowly being erased, it's very hard. But recently their AC stopped working, with medical bills, etc. they don't have the money for the AC. We're working on a solution and monies are tight for everyone.

I never thought that I would have to ask this, practically beginning, we just need them to be comfortable and cool, they have window units, but only in bedrooms, and those units utilize a lot of electricity. We help with maintaining the well water to be safe, filter, etc. I need to quit prolonging my question. Is there a program that could help replace the current unit for a working AC?

I sincerely thank you.

Paul,

Knowing several people who are going through this with their parents right now my heart goes out to you and your folks. Maybe you could try asking at the local American Legion for suggestions, or your states office of Veterans Affairs?

Check out

rebuildingtogether.org which helps veterans with housing needs and repairs.

Have you had someone evaluate the current non working air conditioner? If it is possible, a repair may be much less expensive than replacement.

Thanks Everyone for your kind responses, I will absolutely take your advices. Also found out from the repairman that the whole unit and the tubing needs to be replaced. When it rains it poor, but we have umbrellas ;-) LOLs. Handling and doing the Best we can and again Thanks Everyone for your wonderful responses and advices :-)

Sincerely Blessings Be 0:-)

Paul