Organizing Computer Cords

Like everyone above thirty I have aches and pains. Mine aren't common; I can barely get around after a bout of meningitis. My computer went down, and my friend came over (he's a computer engineer) and fixed it.

When the time came to put it back and boot it up, I took masking tape and marked each cord that went into the tower. Now if I have to move the tower (or clean it), I can easily tell what cord goes where. Computer buffs know what goes where, and so they don't have to think about it. But in tight quarters, it is so easy to re-connect or troubleshoot about what cord may be loose. It worked for this dummy!

By Damaged05170 from Dayton OH

Answers:

Organizing Computer Cords

Instead of using masking tape, I use the small square plastic stays that close the plastic bread bags. That way when I need to unplug only one chord, I just look for the labeled/color coded plastic tabs. (07/31/2009)

By AmnesiaWes

Organizing Computer Cords

My suggestion does not make a way to organize your computer cords ( as the suggestion replied are great), but my suggestion if you become worried and concerned where the cables are attached, besides labeling them is also to take digital pictures of the cables and where the cables are attached. A picture is worth a thousand words. I take digital pictures of any item (s) that I will disassemble and the reassemble. Electronics, electrical connections, radio inputs and outputs, car parts etc. It sure makes it easier for me. Do all what has been suggested and you will do fine. (08/07/2009)

By Redbeard