Organizing and Storing Laptop Cables
Laptop computer cables can create more clutter on your desk or other workspace. Also, when packed in a computer bag you want to make sure that they are rolled properly to prevent damage. Try the suggestion below to easily organize and store your laptop cables.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Everyone has an issue with storing their laptops and the power supply cable. If you roll the cable wrong, it can break and you are forced to buy a new power supply for your laptop. Even when you put these cables in the case they get tangled up and it takes time to untangle them to use them again.
This is a simple way to store your laptop cables in the case to protect the cables and make it easy to use them when you need them.
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- paper towel or toilet paper roll
- old sock
- Cut the paper towel roll down to fit the cable. Normally you can make 2 cable holders out of one paper towel tube.
- Roll up your cable. You will want to make a nice package from the cable. The cable needs to slide into the tube and fit securely. I normally will follow the bends in the cable and just fold them over and hold them in place with my hand.
- Now slip the cable into the tube. You will need 2 cables tubes. The power supply has a cable that fits in the laptop and the other end fits into the wall socket. The cable that fits in the wall socket will be removed from the power supply and will go into the paper towel tube.
- Now roll up the cable that is on your power supply and fit it into your old sock that you have cut off the top and ends of the sock. I normally add the other half of the cut roll inside the sock first. It is important that you protect the adaptor that fits into your laptop. I see so many of these come to me broken.
- The cables can now be stored in your case and fit nicely. When you are ready to use the cables they just slide out of the tubes they sit in and unroll easily. There are no more tangles in the cables and you prevent your cables from cracking and breaking when they are stored like this.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.