Organizing Dirty Laundry?

I read all the tips for organizing dirty laundry and have to shake my head in amazement. Why do you let your dirty laundry pile up so much? Keep ahead of your dirty laundry by washing, drying, and putting away at least one load per day. The descriptions you have provided amount to what Flylady.net refers to as Mount Washmore.

Best wishes.

Source: www.flylady.net

By Carol Swanson from Wyoming, PA

Carol, I see where you are coming from, but from a green standpoint, one shouldn't wash less than a full load.

I know you're not saying to wash less than a full load, but today's high capacity washers hold quite a large amount, and if you wish to separate the items into categories to wash effectively together, that could be quite a lot.

Remember, the world got along fine before the Fly Lady got here, and she doesn't know everything. LOL

Some of us don't have that option. The apartment where I live doesn't have a washer/dryer hook up. There is a laundry room which costs $1 per load... and dryers that are old and have to be turned on at least three times for the clothes to be dry...

that's $4 a load! Plus, I am unable to work so have to rely on my SO to bring home laundry money. Not on the top of his list when he doesn't need laundry but once a month (he has to wear a certain outfit to work and work provided 5 shirts).

I'm old school with low income I soak my small items of clothing like underwear, bras , socks, in the bath tub with laungrey cleaner little Lysol and scrub by hand drain the dirty add clean cold water let laundry sit for one hour drain the water add cold water sit another hour then twist each garnet you wash making sure you twist all the water out then you can hang up your garment on shower rod or handmade close line.

Old school? Are you 110 yrs old?

that's a waste of water.