Organizing Information and Reminder Notes

What to do with all the information, such as reminder notes merchandise, doctors, coupons, everything? I always jot this down on scraps of paper which I can seldom find.

By Julie

I have an 5x8" spiral bound calendar that I use as my "bible". In it I write not only on the monthly page of what has to be done, but on the daily pages I write lists of things to remember. I also staple, or binder clip, all of my little notes on the front of the calendar so I can use them until I've written them down somewhere, or finished with them. I also carry a picture of my husband and me on our wedding day. That's for inspiration on a lousy day.

I use a regular spiral notebook like kids use in school. I jot everything in it that I need to do, remember, buy, etc. When done I either X it out or if it is a separate page and I never will need it again, i.e.

a grocery list I tear and toss. Other memos, i.e. MD appts, etc I just keep all in the notebook. These notebooks are several for a $1 in back to school sales. Buy a bunch in August.

I keep a pocket organizer in my purse where all reminders and appointments are recorded when I make them and coupons and ads are kept in a small organizer that I keep with my canvas shopping bags. Larger notes and postcards, etc., are paperclipped to my large kitchen calendar near the appropriate date.

I use a spiral notebook, and scotch tape to tape all my bits of paper into it instead of rewriting all that info into the spiral.

ask.com is my favorite connection. I write down the answers to all of my questions on scraps of paper or index cards and when I need the info it takes forever to scant thru them. My memory is not great so I have lots of reminder notes, usually in vain. Thanks.

By J.C.

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Instead of writing on sticky notes, just click the little star at top right of your page and click done to save it. You can then click on the star (it will be your favorites) and you can find your answers there, or in a folder you create, like say, Answers from Ask.com or something else. You can do this for any website.

Sit down with all your notes. Decide what catagory each one is in. If they're small enough, label a divider for each catagory, alphabetize the name of each catagory, then file your post behind the appropriate card. A small index size box would work well.