Organizing Kitchen Utensils

My kitchen drawers need replacing badly. They are in need of replacing which I cannot afford right now. It is the two drawers that hold the heaviest weights, the flatware and large metal utensil drawers.

Finally, a light bulb went off in my head. Find something besides a drawer for the heaviest utensils. I did, I found, already sitting on an inside divider window between my kitchen and dining room, a blue rectangular basket that I always kept decorated seasonally. This basket allowed me to put all spoons together standing on one side, knives and large forks, spatulas, all other tools had their own places. And it looks nice! I like the look, and everything is at my fingertips, just above my cooking and preparing counter. I hope this will help others.

That being out like that means they will never be clean enough to just take and eat with. Dust will get on them all the time. You must wash before using them. In the draw they should be clean if nothing is getting on them. I would put that under a cabinet that I know traffic is less in. Good idea for a party server as well.