Storing Kitchen Tongs

Category Kitchen
Cooking tongs can take up too much room and add to the clutter in drawers. There are a few creative ways to store them. This is a guide about storing kitchen tongs.

I never used my tongs because they took up too much storage space and were always tangled into everything else in my cabinet drawer. Then I discovered that they fit perfectly in a paper towel roller. Just hold them together and slide them inside the cardboard roller, and they lie neatly in the drawer.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

My wife has several sets of kitchen tongs she uses occasionally while preparing meals. They are usually tangled with each other and once in a while I will see one of the pairs sailing across the kitchen. My solution was to grab a couple empty TP cardboard tubes and slide the tongs inside. Because the tubes are cardboard and the tongs metal, I covered the tubes with clear shipping tape to make them last longer. Since then I have used the empty tubes for extension cords up to 9', spare cables, and computer cords. The list is endless.

By John Magill from Midland, MI

I bought a small magnetic curtain rod and stuck it to the side of the refrigerator. The tongs are hung on the rod. It's on the side of the fridge where no one is going to be poked in the eye.

By Holly from Dallas, TX

Ever get those salad tongs stuck and you find you can't open your utensil drawer? Here's a cheap fix. Save paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls. Simply slide the tongs in the cardboard sleeve, and they will stay together and untangled from other utensils.

To easily store kitchen/cooking tongs in your drawer, place them inside an empty cardboard paper towel roll. This keeps them from getting stuck in the drawer when opening.