Uses for Cooking Tongs

I do a lot of sewing and quilting. I realized one day that my long barbecue tongs weren't getting used for cooking, so I brought it into my sewing room. I attached a glue on magnet strip to one side and it is perfect for picking up scraps, retrieving things that slip behind my sewing machine cabinet, grabbing something that is out of my reach, and the magnet helps to pick up pins, etc. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

By Marlene from Larimore, ND

3 More Solutions

I hit on the idea of using long metal BBQ tongs. It really grabs what I need and I can keep it right by my chair.

Cooking tongs are useful for grabbing items out of reach - boxes on a high shelf or something on a bottom shelf. No need to grab a chair or kneel on the floor. If you don't have long handled tongs, buy some soon.

The simplest way to juice a lemon is to cut it into half and find a juicer. When don't have one, find a food tong and clip one half of lemon. Hold the tong on both ends and press in full force to release the lemon juice inside.

Using a pair of tongs to squeeze juice from a lemon.

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 27, 2013
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Cooking-Tongs.html