Organizing Spice Tins

I was at my friend Erin's house for dinner over the weekend and I noticed she had her spice tins displayed in this super creative way. She bought rare earth style magnets at Fred Meyer and stuck all her spice tins to the side of her fridge using 2 magnets per tin.

Magnetic spice tins are really popular right now, but require buying a whole new set. Erin said she really liked the idea and had been thinking of purchasing them until she realized all her spices were all ready in tins.

Another great tip she shared with me is that she turns the tins around when they are empty so she knows to buy more of that spice to fill the tin back up.

This is a great way to organize your spice tins up and out of the way. I also love the way they look displayed on the side of the fridge.

Where did you purchase these magnets? Your idea is excellent! Cathy from MA

You can get the magnets at Fred Meyer or at most craft stores.

That looks great! I tried putting all my spices in round tins but it just didn't work out. I wound up knocking them off the metal board often and they were difficult to use efficiently.

I don't think I was using strong enough magnets. This would work out much better.

Good idea. Visually and practically, this looks sharp and efficient. Question - what do you have showing in the upper left corner of the photo? Those things are rectangular, but I cannot tell what they are.

Couldn't help but notice they're not alphabetized! ;-) That's hugely important, in my opinion, to keeping them "organized."

What about spice bottles?

After the spice is gone, I remove the top, clean the can out then use it to store items (marker for frozen food labels, wire ties and etc) or put little artificial flower arrangements in them to pretty up my kitchen. Doesn't take up valuable counter space and the cans make very pretty holders.