Other Uses for a Cheese Grater

Category Kitchen Tools
Many kitchen tools can be put to multiple uses. This is a page about other uses for a cheese grater.

I've seen many suggestions for dicing or chopping eggs for different meals, but never mine. For years now I've used the large holes of a grater. It is fast, you have uniform pieces of egg and it is great for egg salad sandwiches, sprinkling on top of spinach salads, and even stirring into your potato salad. If you're like me you don't like large chunks of egg whites in your food and when you use a grater there's no big chunks to deal with! Fast and clean up is a whiz!
-Thissie

By Faye (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I use my egg slicer for both eggs and potatoes for potato salad. Just slice once, pick up turn and slice again. It's just the right texture for my family.

Instead of chopping potatoes and hard boiled eggs for potato salad, I use my cheese grater. What I have is called "8 in 1 Lightning Shredder". The largest shredder has holes almost 1/2 round. It goes very fast and all the potatoes are the same size, as are the eggs. I purchased the grater at a yard sale about 20 years ago.

This would be great to use in nursing homes and for elderly people who have a hard time biting those large pieces of taters. And it's a lot faster than chopping.

Source: I thought of this because I didn't like the large size potatoes in my salad.

By Sandy P. from Yakima, WA

This kitchen tool can be helpful for getting cold butter into small pieces. This page is about using a grater for butter.

grated butter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsAugust 8, 2016
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-07 07:55:13 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️