Oven Bag Turkey Breast
If you cook a turkey breast in an oven bag, you will avoid splatters in your oven and end up with a lot of gravy for the meat and rice, pasta or potatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes for 7.5 lb breast
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Good Housekeeping magazine from years ago
- turkey breast (mine was 7.5 pounds)
- 1 oven bag
- 1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
- seasoning of your choice ( I used salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and Italian seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season turkey breast.
- Put 1 Tbsp. flour in the bag. Shake to distribute.
- Put turkey breast in tne bag. Place onion rings evenly around.
- Tie the bag shut. Cut a few slits in the top of the bag.
- Place in a roasting pan. Fold ends of bag down and place on lowest rack so the bag doesnt touch the heating element.
- Roast until done. This will be quicker than if you roast without the bag. Mine was done in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Let turkey rest in bag before cutting open and serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!