AdviceGardening

Overwintering Succulents

Can succulents be left outside in pots during winter in zone 7b and survive till spring? Can they survive planted in the ground? I don't want to lose them all together.

Anonymous

My initial response was NO, but I had to reconsider. What kind of succulents do you have? Hens and chicks are a variety of succulent that will overwinter very well. In fact, I've tried bringing mine in during the winter and lost 90% of them. When I leave them out (even during ice and snow storms), they thrive and I have so many that I have to give them away. So my response is, we need more information.