Painting Bathroom Fixtures

Category Plumbing
You will need a paint that adheres to metal to paint metal fixtures. You may want to ask a auto body shop for some assistance.

My sink drain is badly damaged. What type of paint can I use to freshen it up? It's a brushed nickel finish.

Thanks.

Answers

You need to use metal rust paint to paint it with. You can buy this in spray cans or in small cans where you can use a paintbrush. I would use the spray cans of paint it gives it a nicer look.

Rust-Oleum paint and primer is great, and worth it, in spray and canister!

If you are talking about the small ring in the bottom of your sink then I would recommend buying the smallest can of paint that is recommended for use on metal and using a very small artist brush that has a small tip or you could have a real mess in your sink.

Go to any paint department in any of your big box stores like Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, or Ace or True Value Hardware stores and ask them for advice. They usually have qualified personnel that can help you find the best paint for whatever you're painting.
Just be very sure the surface is very, very dry and not just wiped dry or most paint will not stick.

they sell special Rust Oleum metal paint at most hardware stores.

I would like to change my outdated gold bath faucets, showerhead, etc. in my bathroom. Are there companies that will change them to black? Or is there a way to paint them? I hate to throw out perfectly good fixtures.

By Cathy Byrd

Answers

One thought is to take them to a body shop and ask if they could paint them. Body shops paint cars all the time and I know of several who have painted kitchen appliances and other items. I don't think the cost would be prohibitive.

I'm just not sure if the paint will withstand the constant supply of water, but it's worth a try. Or, ask at a paint store.

You can have them chromed, but that is probably too expensive.
nu-chrome.com/household.htm

Home and Garden Home Improvement PlumbingApril 4, 2020
👒
🐛
🐰
😷
🌻

Generated 2020-04-05 23:07:08 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️