Painting T-Shirts With Acrylic Paint

Is textile medium the same thing as floating medium? It was suggested in my answer to painting t-shirts that I mix it with my acrylic paints. Is there any difference in them?

Best Answer

Your best bet is to buy a fabric paint that is rated for T-shirt material. I saw another post on here where a person used spray acrylic paint on their shirts and it bleeds through. This is a water based paint and it will bleed through. I personally think you'll like the results much better. I've painted on shirts before and the only way to actually make them look good is with the fabric paint.

You will get the best results if you use fabric paints. They are readily available at craft stores like Michaels.