Painting the Pots for Lighthouse

What kind of paint do you use for the lighthouse? Is it spray paint, as last time I painted a terra cotta pot with a paint brush it was all streaky. Any ideas on how to paint it so it is even and has not got the streak lines?

By Wendy

To make the lines clean use painters tape around the pot then spray the pot with spray paint of your color choice. There is rayon spray paint that goes on anything.

I used Folk Art multi-surface paint. It states that it can be used on terra cotta. Use a good quality brush to minimize streaking. Multiple coats of spray acrylic coating will pretty much hide the streaks. I ordered light house tops from Target (lighthouse tea light holders). Good Luck!

Make sure your paint is colder than what you are painting even if you have to put it in the fridge. It should result in a streak-free finish.

Anonymous

I made a bird bath for my daughters shower and I painted the pots with a sponge. I had a much better finish.