Painting Plastic Flower Pots

You can brighten up your potted plants and give new life to faded plastic pots by painting them. This is a page about painting plastic flower pots.

I love pastels! The one problem I have is I cannot find planters in pastel colors. I can find white ones that sometimes work. While out looking for inexpensive planters I found the size and price that I loved. One problem, the color only came in black! Here's how I transformed them to more of a shabby chic look, just by using spray paint. It holds up and you can choose from array of colors for just a few dollars!

Yield: 2

• planters
  • spray paint
  • soil
  • flowers

1. Be sure to wipe down planters free from dust. Disassemble if possible.
  2. Advertisement

3. Because they are black they will need 2 coats of spray paint (Rust-oleum Pink Peony) pastel with a hint of color! Allow to dry.
  4. I am transporting my shrubs from smaller pots into these new taller and bigger, for more room to grow. Add plants, flowers, and more soil as needed.
  5. Display and enjoy!

I have a lot of hanging basket pots that are in good condition and would be a waste to throw away! Repurpose and recondition is on my mind.

Hmmmm. With cleaning them up and adding spray paint, my pots have a fresh updated look for the fall season. Here's how!

Can I use regular exterior paint to paint my plastic flower pots and planters outside? I tried the spray paint for plastic pots, and it looks disgusting. Not happy at all with it.

By becca from MI

Answers

Best Answer

I've used regular spray paint and the "stone" paint too with much success! After a couple of years it starts to wear, but grab another can and go again!

Which paint is best for my outdoor hanging plastic flower pots?

By Puja

Answers

You can buy special spray paint for plastic. It comes in a wide variety of colors.

Krylon makes a spray paint called Fusion for painting plastic. I've used it on plastic pots. It works well.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 8, 2013
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-04 18:04:40 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️