Paper House Gift Box
Making your own gift boxes is a craft in itself. This is a page about making a paper house gift box.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Decorate a papier mache house by using fun papers and cute embellishments to create a unique gift box. Fill it with sweets, cookies, potpourri, gift tags, or note cards.
- 5.75 x 7.5 x 3.5 inch papier mache house with roof
- two 12 x 12 inch coordinating scrapbook papers
- two color cardstock
- mini paper flowers
- stripe ribbon
- die-cut butterfly
- pink pearl sticker
- craft glue
- glue stick
- sponge brush, paper plate, pencil, ruler, scissors
- Place house onto first coordinating paper and trace front, back, and sides. Trace roof and chimney onto second paper. Cut out all pieces.
- Place small amount of craft glue onto paper plate.
- On one side of house, spread glue with sponge brush to make an even layer. Place traced paper onto glue and press to hold. Continue gluing and papering other sides of house. Attach papers to roof and chimney.
- Make a template in white cardstock for the door. Trace it onto cardboard and green cardstock. Cut out both pieces. Adhere green door to cardboard door using glue stick. For each window, cut a rectangle from cardboard and green cardstock. Glue green rectangle to cardboard rectangle. Next, trim 4 small rectangles from pink cardstock and glue to green rectangle. Position and glue windows to sides of house. Glue door onto front. (Note: I used cardboard for a raised effect.)
- Trim and glue stripes ribbon onto chimney.
- Decorate the house with mini paper flowers, butterfly, and pearl sticker.
Source: American Crafts papers and ribbon; Making Memories mini flowers and die-cut butterfly
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.